Smart Fortwo To Go Electric

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someoneShare on Google+

DaimlerChrysler have announced the introduction of an all-electric Smart Fortwo.

The electric car will initially go on trial in the UK, being leased to corporate customers. Depending on its success, Mercedes could send it over to North America as well.

smart car 13

The Smart Fortwo EV has an impressive top speed of 60 mph, while in the 0-30 mph ‘sprint’ takes 6.5 seconds (making it faster than its petrol driven brother).

smart car socket

Smart plan to start selling its current cars in America by 2008 and if the EV is ready for a mass market by then, they could add that ‘current’ car as well. Sorry.

[Source: Left Lane News]

AddThis Social Bookmark Button AddThis Feed Button

Readers Comments

1. 1. 1st April, 2007 at 12:55 by Spencer De Fontaine

Hi I am a mechatronics eng, in srilanka would like to market the all electric two seater and also do the after sales for them as i have a good knowledge in this subject i could help promote sales of these EV which will catch the market as the polution and the temp rises in colombo srilanka these are the idial cars wich will sell like hot cakes where if you could sponsor and back me in setting up a agent for only EV cars thank you truly Spencer de Fontaine
    tel:+94 11 2829050

2. 2. 6th May, 2007 at 08:52 by Ali

its cool car but tell me plz abut its fuel concuption .

3. 3. 7th June, 2007 at 17:32 by fRANKI

HURRY UP AND MAKE IT WHERE I CAN HAVE ONE ..
    GREAT DESIGN COOL LOOK GREAT ON GAS AND COST NEXT TO NOTHING I AM SOLD

4. 4. 13th August, 2007 at 12:16 by yudi

please tell me the price and the complete specification above.

5. 5. 14th September, 2007 at 23:14 by EV lover

I LOV ELECTRIC CARS! NiMH!

6. 6. 4th November, 2007 at 05:14 by Jobin

I like to know about your electric cars to import one to ireland

7. 7. 23rd November, 2007 at 23:17 by bubba

up to this day you can buy one currently in oregon and colorado here in the united states and i’ve read a few were around 19,000 usd

8. 8. 4th December, 2007 at 03:38 by MESABI AAAA LLC

we would like to test market this little car to see if it can handle the mountains of the capitol of the united states virgin islands here in st. thomas. If you are successfull here then you have a winner! KEVIN ROBERT JENNINGS/ PRESIDENT / MESABI AAAA LLC

9. 9. 4th December, 2007 at 19:07 by Alexis G

how much do they go for, when and where can we buy them in the USA?

10. 10. 4th December, 2007 at 19:52 by Warren M

Hi Alexis,

The cars are still being tested and won’t be available until 2010.

Warren

11. 11. 8th December, 2007 at 17:54 by bill stevenson

I want one, when and where can I get it? I live in northern california.

12. 12. 8th December, 2007 at 21:18 by Warren M

Hi Bill,

See above comment from me

Thanks,

Warren

13. 13. 27th December, 2007 at 19:49 by SAmuel Monttn

hey how much do u think one of these will cost when it does come out in the united states?

14. 14. 13th January, 2008 at 20:58 by Donna

It’s great to finaly see a major manufacture mass producing fully electric cars. I cant wait to be the first in my town to have one. 2010 seems like almost too long to wait but I guess I will have to wait a littel longer. I’m sure you will have a huge responce when they are released, I will be watching for the waiting list. If you offer a solar pannel cahrger as an option that would be a perfect combination!

15. 15. 16th January, 2008 at 06:08 by essam eldean

طبعا ولا هتفهمو ولا كلمة بس دة للاخوة العرب صراحة عربية زى الفل اخرها 92 كيلو فى الساعة مش بطالة مية كيلو للتر كويس اوى بردووو بس سعرها 12 الف دولار

16. 16. 4th October, 2008 at 16:09 by tansu

haw match many e car

17. 17. 8th November, 2008 at 11:48 by Julia

We can’t wait to get them in Norway!

Welcome

German Car Scene brings you all the latest news and rumours about the German car industry.

Search

Use our search feature to find other posts.

Keep up-to-date with our latest headlines via RSS!

RSS   Feedburner stats

Add this blog to my Technorati favourites

Email Updates

Enter your email address and we'll let you know every time we update!

Delivered by FeedBurner